health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] Thalamus/Federation documentation

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Thalamus/Federation documentation
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2021 13:12:09 +0100

Dear Gerald

On 10/13/21 10:13, Gerald Wiese wrote:
Hey,

I was working on connecting a GNU Health HMIS node to Thalamus and it took me
quite a lot time. I shared my suggestions
for improvements of the documentation here:

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Talk:GNU_Health/Federation_Technical_Guide

If desired I can make those changes on my own in wikibooks.

Thank you very much for your very valuable input! Of course, we'd love improvements in the documentation, so please feel free to contribute updating the wiki page.

About the venv... could you please write a dedicated section for those users that want to use virtual environment? This way we keep the "vanilla" installation and the virtual env.

We're migrating the GNU Health documentation to our own portal (www.gnuhealth.org/docs). We have done the initial documentation for MyGNUHealth, and next will be the Hospital Management component. We use RST format and the versioning is done trough mercurial at our offical GNU Health repositories in GNU Savannah.

If you would like to work on the documentation migration for Thalamus, let us know!

All the best
Luis

Best

Gerald

[content of the link:

While trying to get Thalamus/Federation running I noticed there are some
missing and wrong informations in the
documentation. I suggest the following changes:

- Advise to use a virtual environment. Otherwise the main server will crash
since it uses a different version of werkzeug

- Put "pip3 install --user thalamus" above "Initializing PostgreSQL for the HIS and
Person Master Index" because it
depends on files delivered during the pip installation

- Add the information that the "demo directory" is where "pip3 show thalamus"
points

- Change "psql < federation_schema.sql" to "psql -d federation <
federation_schema.sql"

- In "Initializing PostgreSQL for the HIS and Person Master Index" change the
numbering to 1,2,3 instead of 1,3,4

- The demo user/pw ITAPYT999HON:gnusolidario would also be a nice hint

- I finally managed to connect over uwsgi & https (on Ubuntu), but I needed
some more steps:

sudo apt install uwsgi uwsgi-plugin-router-access uwsgi-plugin-python3

pip3 install flask-cors

replace psycopg2.connect(...) by psycopg2.connect(dbname=’federation’) in
import_pg.py and thalamus.py

add lines "plugins = http,python3" and “venv = /path/venv/” to
thalamus_uwsgi.ini

]

--
Dr. Luis Falcon, MD, MSc