Re: [Health] GNU Health Drugs and Co.

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] GNU Health Drugs and Co.
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 07:30:29 -0300

Dear Chris

On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 6:37 AM, Christoph H. Larsen
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear Crowd,
>
> A couple of questions:
> I have the list of drugs, which is rather specific for our medical
> facility here in Kabul (keeping everything generic, naturally!), so the
> List of Essential Drugs is of limited value. Is there any way to
> bulk-import a file with drugs (or later: lab tests) into the system?
> Without bulk import, what is the best way to enter any additional drugs
> - by chucking them into a separate drug category, and adding them one by
> one?

I highly recommend to encode in xml format and place it in the server,
similar as to the what we do in the case of "WHO essential medicines".
There are other ways to do a "batch input" via front-end, for example,
but that will only last for your current DB.

Take a look at the file
"health/tryton/health/data/WHO_medicaments.xml" as an example.

Same as for the categories... check the file
"health/tryton/health/data/medicaments_categories.xml"

One more thing... I highly recommend to create a separate module with
all the localization and specifics of your health center (reports,
views, methods, access rights...), so it does not interfere with the
main modules.

Best

--
Luis Falcon