Re: [Health] Help on GNU Health installation

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Help on GNU Health installation
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 16:32:30 -0300

Hi Amidus

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 1:38 PM, Amidu Sila <address@hidden> wrote:

> Gentlemen,
> I am installtin GNU Health in ubuntu and when trying to do it with the
> command pip install --user trytond_health_profile
> (en.wikibooks.org/wiki/GNU_Health/installation) I got the following message:
> Usage: /usr/bin/pip install [OPTIONS] PACKAGE_NAMES...
> /usr/bin/pip install: error: no such option: --user
> What should I do to overcome the situation?

ItĀ seems you have an older version of PIP. Try to update it with the
following command

# pip install --upgrade pip

Check the version
$ /usr/local/bin/pip --version

It should be => 1.1
pip 1.1 from /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages (python 2.7)

Then you should be OK.

Let us know if it works.

--
Luis Falcon