Re: [Health] How to automatically start gnu health in ubuntu

From: Craig Barnes
Subject: Re: [Health] How to automatically start gnu health in ubuntu
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 09:50:46 +0100

Hi Amedu,

On 6 June 2012 21:56, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear Amedu
>
> On Tue, Jun 5, 2012 at 8:17 PM, Amedu Stephen <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am new to tryton/gnu health with only a little experience with ubuntu
>> 11.10. I followed the installation instructions for gnu health using 'pip
>> install --user trytond_healthprofile==1.4.5' and was able to run through
>> some of the features.
>
> You should install the latest version (1.6.1), so it's better, unless
> specified, not to put the version number.
>

>> I need help to enable me set up gnu health to automatically start when the
>> ubuntu boots up.
>
> Once installed, you only need to boot the tryton server (trytond). If
> you did the installation using pip, you can put a line in your
> /etc/rc.local if you use a Debian GNU/Linux based OS,to boot the
> server at startup. Alternatively, you can create a Sxx in /etc/rc2.d .

There is an example script that you can use [1] on the Tryton Wiki [2]

> Please let me know if you need extra help for the script.
>
> Thanks
>

>> Regards
>>
>> Amedu Stephen
>

> --
> Luis Falcon
> GNU Health
> http://health.gnu.org

[1]
http://debian.tryton.org/gitweb/?p=packages/tryton-server.git;a=blob_plain;f=debian/tryton-server.init;hb=HEAD
[2] http://code.google.com/p/tryton/wiki/InstallationOnDebian

--
Craig

'The first time any man's freedom is trodden on - we are all damaged.'
Jean-Luc Picard
()  ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\