Re: [Health] GNU Health

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] GNU Health
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2015 11:51:32 +0100

Hi Robert and team

On Wed, 17 Jun 2015 07:34:31 +1000
Robert Schilt <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to thank everyone for contributing to this discussion. I
> can see how there are arguments for and against biometrics.
>
> At the end of the day...  and the crux of my initial question remains
> "how do we uniquely ID a patient" given the geographic and cultural
> context of PNG. The idea of issuing an ID card is a good one - but
> cards get stolen or are lost. The idea of using a finger print
> appeals to us because this travels everywhere with a person.
>
> Whilst some of you are fortunate to work in countries where
> governments have solved this problem by way of a social security
> number or national ID card - in PNG this is not the case. The intro
> of a PUID remains an inherent and mandatory element for any HIS.

The thread has brought many of interest points. Some of them have
been discussed already, as a mean to deal with unidentified people, or
people with different types of IDs (from other countries, for example).
All that has been already put in place in 2.8 [1]

The QR code along with the picture ID is a nice way to actually encode
person information (you could include anthropometric data also).

In this way, the QR reader can help you identify person that you have
in front.

Now we have started working  incorporating Free Hardware[2] . We can
work on fingerprints also, if needed.

Of course, at the end it comes down to issues such as privacy and
legislation for each ministry of health. From the GNU health side, the
technology is there (encryption, QR, hashes, ... )

Best,
Luis

1.- https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/health-dev/2014-09/msg00074.html
2.-