Re: [Health] Could not connect to server problem

From: Scott Hazelhurst
Subject: Re: [Health] Could not connect to server problem
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 16:41:27 +0000

Dear David

Thanks for the response

On 07 Jul 2015, at 5:53 PM, David Bruchmann wrote:

> The postgres user is for managing the database and has - concerning the
> database - root access.

I understand that -- I was just checking that the postgres process was working.
I did it using the postgres account because at this point there isn't a
database that is owned by the gnuhealth user -- see next point

> For accessing the database for Gnu Health you should connect by the gnuhealth
> user, while the tryton-server is started from the gnuhealth Linux-user.

Thats' the point -- I can't. The instructions imply that the database is
created using the tryton client -- but the client doesn't connect to the server
so I can't

> The tryton-client should be started with another user account - as in general
> it can be called from any PC and never needs any special rights.

Yes -- that is what I am doing. The server runs from the gnuhealth account and
the client is my own personal account

Regards

Scott=
style="width:100%;">
size="1" color="#999999"><span style="font-size:11px;">This communication is
intended for the addressee only. It is confidential. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately and destroy the original
message. You may not copy or disseminate this communication without the
permission of the University. Only authorised signatories are competent to
enter into agreements on behalf of the University and recipients are thus
advised that the content of this message may not be legally binding on the
University and may contain the personal views and opinions of the author, which
are not necessarily the views and opinions of The University of the
Witwatersrand, Johannesburg. All agreements between the University and
outsiders are subject to South African Law unless the University agrees in