Re: [Health] Permissions Issue

From: Khurram Shahzad
Subject: Re: [Health] Permissions Issue
Date: Tue, 24 May 2016 18:15:49 +0500

Dear Cedric and Luis,

How can I manage the visibility of menu items explicitly?

I started with creating new users and giving them access of pre-configured group "Health Doctor". This showed "Surgery" menu item which should be visible for "Surgeons" only and not for doctors with specialty "Family Medicine".

Thus we decided that we should not use existing groups and create our own groups by giving desired access to desired models. So, we created a group say "My Doctor". It does not have access to surgery but when user logs in, Surgery is there.

Thanks for your support.

Regards,
Khurram.

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 3:32 PM, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Khurram

On Mon, 23 May 2016 16:37:07 +0500
Khurram Shahzad <address@hidden> wrote:

> 3. Reading a thread on Permissions functionality, I thought it may be
> due the reason that NO Other user exists having access to "Surgery".
> So, I created another user and gave it access of all the groups
> configured in GNU Health; but the issue is still there.

Probably this is where your problem might be. Make sure that your
new users belong to the existing group that have the access rights to
the models you need to (eg, surgery).

Let us know if you got it working

All the best
Luis