Re: [Health] Hospitalized patient tracking fluid intake and output and t

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Hospitalized patient tracking fluid intake and output and tracking of dispensing of medicaments
Date: Tue, 31 May 2016 09:28:27 +0000

Dear Khurram

On Mon, 30 May 2016 09:59:34 +0500
Khurram Shahzad <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Luis,
>
> I am confused about the Medication of hospitalized patients.
>
> For a hospitalized patient, following work flow is observed:
>
> 1. A health professional, the attending physician, prescribes the
> medicament for the patient along with its admin times. This health
> professional decides to continue or stop a medicament or mark it
> completed.

> 2. The head nurse or ward in-charge dispenses the
> medicament as per administration times defined by the health
> professional. At this time, the stock moves should occur. He/she
> should be able to see the Medicament Plan to dispense medicament.

> 3. The nurse Administers the medicament. The time of administration
> should be logged/saved along with the dose etc. He/she should be able
> to see the Medicament Plan to administer the medicament.
>
> Now what I found in GNU Health is:
> 1. The health professional is logging the medicament dispensing
> (Hospitalization -> Medication Plan Tab -> Extra Info Tab -> Log
> History) but there are no Stock Moves.

As you said, the stock move is generated when the rounding is done. So
they are two different documents, although related. One is the med plan
created by the health professional, and the other is the process itself
of providing those meds and procedures.

> 2. The nurse is administering the medicine which is not logged.
>
> Kindly help me get out of confusion.
>
> Moreover, how will the Health Professional's Round of ward will be
> recorded in the system?

It's recorded at the moment that he or she closes the rounding. At that
moment, the record becomes read-only and the health professional name
shows at the bottom of the rounding form, and at the tree view.

Hope it helps !

Bests
Luis