Re: [Health] Can we use Tryton 4.0 where current GNU Health version?

From: Khurram Shahzad
Subject: Re: [Health] Can we use Tryton 4.0 where current GNU Health version?
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2016 09:35:14 +0500

Dear Luis,

Thanks a lot for such a precise reply.

Regards,
Khurram.

On Sun, Jul 24, 2016 at 4:18 PM, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Khurram
On Sat, 23 Jul 2016 14:18:10 +0500
Khurram Shahzad <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Community,
>
> Tryton release 4.0 is out which has very good features/enhancements.
>
> Can we use GNU Health current version with Tryton 4.0?

No. The APIs are different.

GNU Health uses a longer release cycle ( approx 1 year ) than Tryton
(approx 6 months).

The upcoming GNU Health 3.2 (January 2017) will be compatible with
Tryton 4.2 . So there you will have all the cool new functionality,
from GNU Health, Tryton and other components (such as MyGNUHealth PHR
and the Federation).

> Infact Tryton has a number of useful modules but I wonder how can I
> use them with following issues:
>
> a) version issues

Yes. They won't work.

> b) probability of breaking of existing gnu health modules or even
> legacy tryton module

You will break the system :)

> I liked the Payroll module by Nantic but for using it I have to patch
> tryton which may result in breaking of existing module?
>
> Any comments/guidance/roadmap?

GNU Health uses the standard modules from Tryton. If you want to use a
non-standard tryton module, you should always treat it as a custom
module, and place it under "local". Of course, and

For Payroll, we've been discussing with you and GNU Health community
to include basic functionality for 3.2. [1]

All the best,

1.- http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/health/2016-06/msg00029.html

--

Regards,