Re: [Health] Triggering HL7 messages

From: Leonardo M . Ramé
Subject: Re: [Health] Triggering HL7 messages
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2017 15:20:50 -0300

El 21/02/17 a las 15:01, Luis Falcon escribió:
Hi Leonardo !
On Tue, 21 Feb 2017 14:46:43 -0300
Leonardo M. Ramé <address@hidden> wrote:

El 21/02/17 a las 14:39, Luis Falcon escribió:
Hi Leonardo
On Fri, 17 Feb 2017 09:59:59 -0300
Leonardo M. Ramé <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi, I'm trying to understand how a basic radiology workflow could
work and wonder if there's an already implemented HL7 client to be
used at some specific events, for example, when an Imaging Test
Request is made an ORM^O01 message should be sent to a configured
Host:Port.
In GNU Health, we are working in FHIR adoption. For imaging
studies, you might want to take a look at the following resource

https://www.hl7.org/fhir/imagingstudy.html

At our side, Chris Zimmerman has created a HL7 FHIR server, where
you can access some resources (patient, lab, ... ). It's still work
in progress.

Bests
Luis
Thanks Luis, yes, I've read about the HL7 server...but what I was
thinking about was an HL7 Client, to send ORM^O01 messages to another
system(s) after an appointment was scheduled.

If this is not included by default, how do you handle this situation?
by creating triggers in the database to populate ad-hoc tables for
integration with 3rd parties? in that case, which tables should I
look for adding my own triggers?.
I'm not sure if I understand your question.

If what you want is to push a message from GNU Health to another HL7
server, the best way would be to create a wizard or an action and send
the message to another HL7 server or "middleman" . I don't see the need
to use temp tables, and I would avoid that option.

No, obviously there's no need to use temp tables if GNU Health already implements some way to send messages to external systems. What I need to know is *how* to send those messages, any documentation?.

PS: I almost missed my flight to Buenos Aires when writing the email,
so probably we can talk it there  during the week :)

Bests
Luis

Luis, any chance to meet in Córdoba? it would be really great to talk in person.

Regards,

--
Leonardo M. Ramé
InformeMedico.com.ar