Re: [Health] Updating patient conditions

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] Updating patient conditions
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2018 22:46:31 +0000

Dear Armand

On Wed, 31 Jan 2018 12:09:30 +0000 (UTC)
Armand MPASSY-NZOUMBA <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi community,
> What's the most effective way to update the conditions of a patient
> after an evaluation?Let's take this case: 1/ Patient Ana
> Betz2/Patient evaluationAfter an evaluation the doctor diagnostic is:
> Cholera It is registered in Ana Betz's evaluation3/Condition4/The new
> patient conditions is not automatically updated after signing the
> evaluation. The new condition will not appear in Ana Betz
> conditions.5/I have to enter it again as a new condition. My
> question:Is there a way to automatically update the patient's
> condition without adding it manually?

Thanks for the feedback !

The conditions shown at the patient history summary are the main,
medical relevant health conditions, that the health professional
decides to place them in the history.

There is not a 1-to-1 relationship between health evaluation
and the condition. For example, a well-child-visit evaluation will not
be stored in the patient condition if there no relevant Dx from it.

What is important are the follow-up visits / evaluations of a specific
health condition, both physiological states (eg, normal pregnancy)
and on pathological conditions (eg, chronic diseases).

Taking your scenario, imagine you diagnose a patient with cholera.
This is a serious condition that should be on the patient history, so
after the evaluation you enter it on the patient history, with its
attributes.

Next time you evaluate the patient, you want to create a "FOLLOW-UP"
evaluation, so you don't create a new case, and break statistics /
epidemiological reports.

At the moment that you create a follow-up visit, you will see a new
field, that will allow you to select the condition you want to follow
up, from the patient conditions list.

Hope this helps.

Let me know your thoughts

All the best