[Health] Fwd: Error with gnuhealth client & python-gtk2-dev

From: olu Ade-b
Subject: [Health] Fwd: Error with gnuhealth client & python-gtk2-dev
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2018 17:54:03 +0100

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: olu Ade-b <address@hidden>
Date: Sat, Dec 1, 2018 at 4:17 PM
Subject: Error with gnuhealth client & python-gtk2-dev
To: <address@hidden>, <address@hidden>

Good day,

I tried running gnuhealth-client on ubuntu 18.04 and I was getting this
error  :
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/home/gnuhealth/.local/bin/gnuhealth-client", line 46, in <module>
    from tryton import client
  File "/home/gnuhealth/.local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/tryton/client.py", line 108, in <module>
    import pygtk
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'pygtk'

I also tried running 'sudo apt install python-gtk2-dev' but keep getting this error:

File "/usr/bin/pyversions", line 20
    except IOError, msg:
                  ^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax
dpkg: error processing package python-gtk2-dev (--configure):
 installed python-gtk2-dev package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
 python-gtk2-dev

Please kindly advise on a quick resolution to this problem as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely,
Adebayo Olumide Peter