Re: [Health] How to manage hospitalization history in GNU Health?

From: Armand MPASSY-NZOUMBA
Subject: Re: [Health] How to manage hospitalization history in GNU Health?
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 09:42:33 +0000 (UTC)

Dea Luis,

On Sunday, March 3, 2019, 6:29:36 PM GMT+1, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:

Thank you for your prompt feedback

> Thanks for your question ! There are two ways:
> a) Using the current hospitalization model
> b) Using the Page of Life for Hospitalization (available since 3.4)

> If you use the current workflow for hospitalization, you need to change
> the date after confirming both the admission and discharge. When
> confirming the admission you will see the discharge information.
Tried it and it works fine.

> The hospitalization workflow is designed for the transactional context,
> that is, real life, daily operations of the institution, so many dates
> and fields are automatically taken.

>To me, the best way to enter past medical information is using
option "b", via the Pages of Life (transaction POL).

> In the case of hospitalization, you would do the following:
> 1) Enter transaction POL on the GH client
> 2) Create a new Page of Life for the person
> 3) Enter the person, date, relevance ...
> 4) Select the "Medical" context.A new field will show up with values
  for the Medical context
> 5) Select "Hospitalization"
> 6) Enter the hospitalization details.

Tried it as well. However we can't record all the required information like the discharge date.

GH is also used as a health information system to extract a number of Key Performance Indicators.
It would be advisable that similar data (for example hospitalization) are stored at the same location.

> We keep integrating more and more daily processes with PoL, and the
> hospitalization will be included too :)

Great Job! GH is doing very well indeed.

Kind regards,

Armand