Re: [Health] How to manage hospitalization history in GNU Health?

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health] How to manage hospitalization history in GNU Health?
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2019 11:50:08 +0000

Dear Armand

On Mon, 4 Mar 2019 09:42:33 +0000 (UTC)
Armand MPASSY-NZOUMBA <address@hidden> wrote:

>  Dea Luis,
>    On Sunday, March 3, 2019, 6:29:36 PM GMT+1, Luis Falcon
> <address@hidden> wrote:
>  Thank you for your prompt feedback
>
> > Thanks for your question ! There are two ways:
> > a) Using the current hospitalization model> b) Using the Page of
> > Life for Hospitalization (available since 3.4)
>
> > If you use the current workflow for hospitalization, you need to
> > change the date after confirming both the admission and discharge.
> > When confirming the admission you will see the discharge
> > information.
> Tried it and it works fine.

Great :)

> > The hospitalization workflow is designed for the transactional
> > context, that is, real life, daily operations of the institution,
> > so many dates and fields are automatically taken.
>
> >To me, the best way to enter past medical information is using
> option "b", via the Pages of Life (transaction POL).
>
> > In the case of hospitalization, you would do the following:
> > 1) Enter transaction POL on the GH client
> > 2) Create a new Page of Life for the person
> > 3) Enter the person, date, relevance ...
> > 4) Select the "Medical" context.A new field will show up with
> > values
>   for the Medical context
> > 5) Select "Hospitalization"
> > 6) Enter the hospitalization details.
>
> Tried it as well. However we can't record all the required
> information like the discharge date. GH is also used as a health
> information system to extract a number of Key Performance
> Indicators.It would be advisable that similar data (for example
> hospitalization) are stored at the same location.
There are already processes to automatically fill in a Page of Life
with the data coming processes such as medical evaluations,
health conditions or genetic information. Hospitalization will be next,
so the main information gathered in the hospitalization process it will
be automatically sent to a new Page of Life.

One difference between a Page of Life and other transactional processes
is that the PoL stores information in a semi-structured way, that is
sent to the GNU Health Information System, and then can be read by any
client (web portal, mobile application, GNU Health Hospital Management
System, etcetera).

Keep up the good work, my friend.

All the best
Luis