[Health] GNU Health / Orthanc Integration

From: webman
Subject: [Health] GNU Health / Orthanc Integration
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2020 18:02:06 +0300

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Webster, a Radiographer from Malawi. I'm currently studying MSc.Health Informatics and I have a working experience with PACS/DICOM configurations in hospitals. In my hospital (Kamuzu Central Hospital) we use DCM4CHEE Arc5 for storage and Osirix MD for user management and web viewing.

I've been following GNU Health for sometime now and I love what you've accomplished so far. One of the major challenges in Health Information systems in LMICs is the proliferation of several disjointed projects keeping silos of data. GNU Health is well integrated and I strongly feel it can fit the Malawi setting.

To cut the long story short, as a radiographer, I'm also interested in integrating Orthanc with GNU Health. I've installed v3.6.3 in an OpenSUSE virtual machine and so far so good. However, there's no clear instructions on how to connect Orthanc to the system. The 'Add Orthanc Server' option doesn't help much. Is there something I'm missing? Is there a detailed guide somewhere?

Regards,

Webster Lungu,

Master of Health Informatics Student (2019-2021)
Radiologic Technologist (Diagnostic)
Kamuzu Central Hospital
P.O. Box 149, Lilongwe Malawi
Skype: webmanlungu2