Re: [Health] Fw: Tryton-server

From: Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health] Fw: Tryton-server
Date: Sun, 17 May 2020 18:35:02 +0200

Hello Yusif,

Am Sonntag, 17. Mai 2020, 17:53:32 CEST schrieb Yusif Suleiman:

> Everything goes fine until I came to lunch tryton_client, then it refused to
> connect to the server. Below are my previous threads on the issue.
> Regards.
>
> > 1) use the latest GNU Health and enjoy additional functionality, as
> > described in https://en.opensuse.org/GNUHealth_on_openSUSE#Quick_Start
> > (as you have already GH installed, after adding the respository you need
> > run
> > zypper up --allow-vendor-change )
> > It seem "version 3.4.1" is the updated version of leap 15.1, but I run the
> > "zypper up --allow-vendor-change" command.

From the above documentation, you obviously missed the part with
'In case you want to use the latest GNU Health release on an 'older' Leap, you
need to add the GNU Health repository. Example for GNU Health 3.6 on Leap
15.1'

> > 2) If you install the client in the same virtualbox, can this client
> > connect to the server?
> > I am installing both client/server in VBox, am not sure if they will
> > communicate. Please, advise me (I am new to Linux/OpenSUSE).

Did you follow the steps in
https://en.opensuse.org/GNUHealth_on_openSUSE#The_very_easy_way ?

This is normally sufficient to get you a unning system.

(Rest of the mail skipped - as long as client and server on the same machine
do not talk to each other, we dont need to look at it)

HTH
Axel