Re: Build Issues

From: Kerin Millar
Subject: Re: Build Issues
Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2024 06:54:44 +0000

On Thu, 8 Feb 2024, at 1:30 AM, jason stein wrote:
> Hey All,
> First I hope this is the right mailing list.  I am trying to build bash
> from the following repo.  My building is from git bash inside of windows
> 11.  I have ran configure but when I run make it fails (see ERROR below).
> I feel like im missing some basic dependency, but my research has not
> helped.  Sorry if this is the wrong maillist for this question.

I wanted to see whether I could reproduce this, so I took a brief look at Git
for Windows and found it to be a minimalistic MSYS2 environment that provides
neither a toolchain (binutils, autoconf, automake, gcc, make etc) nor a package
manager. By contrast, the standalone MSYS2 distribution from
https://www.msys2.org/ offers pacman.

Given that, it makes me wonder where your make utility is coming from. Since
you do not appear to be using a normal instance of "git bash", could you
perhaps elaborate as to the nature of the environment in which you are trying
to perform the build?

--
Kerin Millar