help-debbugs

reportbug support

From: Reuben Thomas
Subject: reportbug support
Date: Mon, 2 May 2011 22:37:38 +0100

I've found myself filing rather more duplicate bugs against Emacs than
is ideal recently. I should get into the habit of checking the web
interface too.

But as a long-time user of the Debian BTS via reportbug, I was
wondering whether I could use Debian's reportbug program instead. Has
anyone else tried this? If I add the following as "gnu" to
/etc/dpkg/origins:

Vendor: GNU
Vendor-URL: http://www.gnu.org/
Bugs: debbugs://debbugs.gnu.org

then I can say

reportbug --bts gnu emacs

and get a list of two packages:

1 emacs23-lucid  The GNU Emacs editor

2 emacs          Source package

to file against, but choosing 1 crashes at the query stage:

Querying GNU BTS for reports on emacs23 (source)...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/reportbug", line 2106, in <module>
    main()
  File "/usr/bin/reportbug", line 1045, in main
    return iface.user_interface()
  File "/usr/bin/reportbug", line 1637, in user_interface
    version=pkgversion)
  File "/usr/lib/pymodules/python2.7/reportbug/ui/text_ui.py", line
549, in handle_bts_query
    for entry in hierarchy:
TypeError: 'NoneType' object is not iterable

while choosing 2 finds no bug reports.

I'll file a bug in the Debian BTS about this too, but before doing
that thought it worth asking here whether anyone had got it working.
(I can't find any evidence that they have.)

--
http://rrt.sc3d.org