help-debbugs

Re: debbugs.gnu.org & non-GNU savannah-hosted projects?

From: Jim Meyering
Subject: Re: debbugs.gnu.org & non-GNU savannah-hosted projects?
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 17:50:09 +0200

Paul Wise wrote:
> I heard[1] that you are encouraging GNU maintainers to use the
> debbugs.gnu.org service for bug reporting. I was wondering if you also
> intend to allow non-GNU but savannah-hosted projects to also use it. As
> part of my Debian work I'm familiar with debbugs and would prefer to use
> it for the projects I have created rather than the savannah bug tracker.
>
>      1. http://lists.debian.org/debian-project/2011/09/msg00004.html

Hi Paul,

I suspect that it would be fine, but don't know, so am Cc'ing help-debbugs.
If it's ok, I would suggest that http://debbugs.gnu.org/ be changed from
saying this:

    If you are the maintainer of a GNU package and are interested in using
    this tracker, see these notes.

to this:

    If you are the maintainer of a savannah-hosted package and are
    interested in using this tracker, see these notes.