help-debbugs

Re: Fwd: bug#10471: closed (Severe or critical - deletes existing files

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: Fwd: bug#10471: closed (Severe or critical - deletes existing files and leaves nothing. (cp))
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 20:38:32 -0500

Your message isn't really relevant to the help-debbugs mailing list, but
with my list moderator hat on I approved it anyway.

Linda Walsh wrote:

> hey, I didn't know anything about how use this make management system
> and didn't know it existed until about an hour ago when I got

I'll assume by "make management system" you meant "bug management
system". As a reporter of bugs, you don't need to know how it works.

In case you did not know, Eric Blake is a coreutils developer, and is an
extremely diligent correspondent to the coreutils bug list. (This is
obvious even to me, as only an occasional reader of bug-coreutils). You
should calm down and trust him, and the other coreutils developers, to
do the right thing. In particular, you should not immediately open a
duplicate bug report if your first is closed, and you should not
immediately reopen a bug that a developer has closed. You should calmly
and clearly explain why you disagree, and then wait for the maintainers
to followup. There is no need to reopen a bug to keep discussing it.