help-debbugs

Support of usertag for the "guix" package?

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Support of usertag for the "guix" package?
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2020 17:15:49 -0400

Hello!

I was wondering if there was a way to create user tags (using the usertag
Debbugs command) for the "guix" package, the same way it seems to be
possible for "emacs".

Here's what I'm trying, from the Emacs Debbugs interface C-u M-x
debbugs-gnu RET guix RET n y, then from one issue:

C RET usertag RET guix RET test RET

which produces the control message reproduced below:

Control message sent:
user guix
usertag 42802 test
quit

It seems the Debbugs server ensures the user value has the format of an
email address.

Processing commands for control@debbugs.gnu.org:

> user guix
Selected user id (guix) invalid, sorry
> usertag 40134 TEST
No valid user selected
> quit
Stopping processing here.

Please contact help-debbugs@gnu.org if you need assistance.

GNU bugs database, http://debbugs.gnu.org/

I'd be curious to get some hindsight if you have any :-)

Thank you,

Maxim