help-debbugs

Re: Unable to access mailman web interface

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: Unable to access mailman web interface
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2020 13:42:37 -0700

Bob Proulx wrote:
> Glenn Morris wrote:
> > I'm no longer able to access the mailman web interface (403 forbidden).
> > Does anyone know why this might be? Maybe some recent changes to the
> > Apache configuration?
>
> Drat!  That was almost certainly due to my changes.  I will look at it
> immediately.

I was over exuberantly trying to fix this warning while I was in there:

    [Mon Dec 21 15:39:20.830049 2020] [alias:warn] [pid 15862:tid
140205840058240] AH00671: The ScriptAlias directive in
/etc/apache2/conf-enabled/serve-cgi-bin.conf at line 11 will probably never
match because it overlaps an earlier ScriptAlias.

And so I returned to the previous configuration.  Sorry about that.

I am still not happy seeing the warning message though so am going to
tinker with it a little bit longer and see if I can't fix it so that
there are no warnings.

Bob