help-debbugs

Re: spam flood

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: spam flood
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2021 00:38:36 -0600

I am coming to this thread late but yes debbugs was getting hammered
with spam on Tuesday.  This was a wave I saw two days earlier on a
local LUG list in my home area.  So the spammer is moving around from
site to site.

However crm114 was doing a very good job of identifying the spam and
discarding them.  It was really a rate problem.  Incoming spam was
happening at a faster rate than the anti-spam could keep up.  But
eventually the wave subsided.  I have only seen one of that signature
profile today.  And everything has caught up and all of the spam got
discarded.  So all good! :-)

Bob