help-gawk

Re: How to Generate a Long String of the Same Character

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: How to Generate a Long String of the Same Character
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 12:06:40 -0600

Bob Proulx wrote:
> But I am particularly interested in pursuing the performance
> differences on this system of mine.  It's not an itch for me.  In the

Oops.  I left out a "not" there.  My darn fingers and keyboard and
sending without noticing my mistakes.  I meant to say the opposite!

    But I *not* am particularly interested in pursuing the performance
    differences on this system of mine.  It's not an itch for me.

I don't want to mislead people into spending more time on this
problem.  If it is fun then good.  But unfortunately I have other
obligations that will keep me from pursuing it.  There is always too
much to do and I must manage my time for it.  I am sure the
performance difference reason would make perfect sense if it were
known.  But it isn't something I can worry about. :-)

Bob