help-gengetopt

[help-gengetopt] Re: gengetopt-2.2

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: [help-gengetopt] Re: gengetopt-2.2
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2001 08:29:54 +0200

Eric H Kinzie wrote:

> Lorenzo,
>
> Would you expect the cmdline_parser() function generated by gengetopt
> to be called successfully more than once in the same process?
>
> I would like to use this package to write command line parsing for tcl
> commands (that I'm implementing in C and linking with libtcl.so).  The
> newly created tcl function works fine once, but subsequent calls (with
> the same arguments) will bail out in cmdline_parser() claiming that
> required parameters were not supplied.

Hi Eric

Actually my idea was that such function has to be called only once in a
program, but I thought that no problem would occur if it were to be
called another time... I never tried, but I'll try.  It is quite
strange, actually... is it a program error or an internal error?

cheers
        Lorenzo

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD student in Computer Science                    |
|  Florence - Italy         (Linux User # 158233)     |
|  Home Page        : http://w3.newnet.it/bettini     |
|           http://infostud.dsi.unifi.it/~bettini     |
|  Mail             : address@hidden            |
|  http://www.mokabyte.it       Java on line journal  |