help-gengetopt

[help-gengetopt] bug: gengetopt v.2.19.2

From: TM
Subject: [help-gengetopt] bug: gengetopt v.2.19.2
Date: Wed, 06 Jun 2007 10:02:59 +0100

Hi Lorenzo,

I've come across a bug in gengetopt version 2.19.2 when option include-getopt' is used. I attach a small project to demonstrate the issue.

Basically, if there are 2 options Q and W and the program is invoked as:
  prog -Q -W
everything is fine. However, if the program is invoked as:
  prog -QW
gengetopt generates an error message and terminates the program.

I am using Microsoft Visual Studio to compile the project. However, up to and including version 2.19.1 I have used a version of getopt taken from glibc and never had any such problems. I believe that this is a bug in the implementation of getopt that was added to version 2.19.2 of gengetopt.

Thanks
TM