help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] Re: GNU Gengetopt 2.22

From: Papp Gyozo (VBuster)
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] Re: GNU Gengetopt 2.22
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2008 16:30:38 +0100

> Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
> > I've uploaded this candidate for the next version that should remove all
> > the warnings:
> >
> > http://gdn.dsi.unifi.it/~bettini/gengetopt-2.22.1.tar.gz

Sorry for the big delay and brothering you but I'm experiencing that multiple
line parsing for description string does not work. Here is the simpliest
example:

option  "quiet"             q
"control message verbosity on stdout.
`-q' does not print file names.
`-qq' suppresses all messages but alerts, and
`-qqq' implies `--terse' as well.
It does not affect error reporting on stderr!"
    no multiple

and the result will be:

gengetopt:10: syntax error `
gengetopt:10: `-q' does not print name of clean files.'
gengetopt:10: ^

The commandline was 'gengetopt -f getoptions -acmdline_options -uTARGETS -CeN'

$ gengetopt --version
GNU gengetopt 2.22.1

I think it was good with previous betas (2.22b)