help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] invalid use of non-lvalue array w/ GCC 3.0.4

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] invalid use of non-lvalue array w/ GCC 3.0.4
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 17:43:17 +0200

Papp Gyozo (VBuster) wrote:
cmdline.c:2242: invalid use of non-lvalue array
cmdline.c:2242: invalid use of non-lvalue array
gmake: *** [cmdline.c.o] Error 1
gmake: Leaving directory 'vbscan/build'

the corresponding lines from cmdline.c:

2237:  if (args_info->daemon_mode_counter &&
args_info->standalone_mode_counter) {
2238:    error += check_modes(
2239: (int []){args_info->daemon_given, args_info->attach_given,
-1},
2240:      (const char *[]){"--daemon", "--attach",  0},

can you try to solve the problem manually, so that I can rewrite the generation code accordingly? Probably those arrays should be declared explicitly, but you should try until you don't get errors anymore, since

Yes, sure I'll give it a try as soon as I have time to play with it. I was
wondering if there was any barrier to do it other way (explicit decl as you
suggested) and beside this hoping someone pointed me out what this error
message complaining about specifically, because first I couldn't see what
left-value it was speaking about...

yes I could generate explicit declaration but I'd want to be sure whether this solves the problem, because this would require some work in the code generation :-)

as for the error, I can't see the l-value either, so it looks like a bug in the compiler... :-D

cheers
        Lorenzo

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net