help-gengetopt

Re: [help-gengetopt] Following up

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: [help-gengetopt] Following up
Date: Fri, 04 May 2012 00:06:53 +0200

On 05/03/2012 10:13 PM, Tim Marston wrote:
Hi,

On 03/05/12 08:19, Lorenzo Bettini wrote:
just for curiosity: are the features you need already implementable
manually on top of the code generated by gengetopt?

Yes, I could take the generated code and modify it. But I think the
modifications would be extensive enough that I couldn't easily
regenerate the code. So it would defeat the point of using gengetopt
slightly.

Or were you suggesting that I do this in the meantime in order to move
forwards with gtypist? That is perhaps not such a bad idea.

No, actually I was thinking whether, in your context, one could wrap changes around the generated code, not to modify the generated code itself, since then, as you noted, it would be hard to maintain it for subsequent modifications :)

I'm asking this since I wouldn't want to overload gengetopt with too
many features that then become hard to maintain...

If it helps, I'm quite happy to commit myself to maintaining them (and
writing them in the first place, of course).

well, thanks in advance then :)

hope to give you feedback about your proposals soon!
cheers
        Lorenzo

ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     (GNU/Linux User # 158233)
http://www.myspace.com/supertrouperabba
http://www.gnu.org/software/src-highlite
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengetopt
http://www.gnu.org/software/gengen http://doublecpp.sourceforge.net