help-gengetopt

[Help-gengetopt] Help about multiple options.

From: Hakan Bayındır
Subject: [Help-gengetopt] Help about multiple options.
Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2022 11:21:13 +0300

Hello,

I'm developing an application for some time and its backed by an elaborate
logging library, which supports multiple levels of verbose output.

To implement this feature in gengetopt, I've used the following line:

option "verbose" v "Enable verbose output." typestr="level" int default="0"
optional

This allows me to pass "-v 2" or "--verbose 2" style options to set desired
verbosity, however I want to be able to pass "-v", "-vv" and similar styled
flags for verbosity selection. I've dug version 2.23 documentation but failed
to find/understand if it's possible, and how it's done.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,

Thanks in advance,

Hakan