help-gift

[help-GIFT] problem with the applet

From: martin krung
Subject: [help-GIFT] problem with the applet
Date: Fri, 09 Feb 2001 00:02:19 +0200

hi

first
thanks for you software and that is under gnu.

i installed the GIFT today under suse linux 7.
i was even able  to do the indexing of a few images.
i also could start the gift server.
because i dont have a java virtual engine on linux.
i tried to call the charmer applet trought my webbrowser (apache), but i
dident work.
i am workin with the version gift-0.1.5pre and the charmer-0.2b.

i stareted the write-applet-frame which creats the Charmer.html in the
charmer-0.2.b folder. in Charmer.html is written

code="charmar/client/Charmar"

it diden't work with my mac and also with the pc the applet failed with the
comment:

i couldnt load the class charmer.client.Charmer

so i looked at your online demo at http://viper.unige.ch/demo.html. this
file contains

code="charmer.client.Charmer.java"

so i tried several things like

code="charmer.client.Charmer.java"
code="charmer.client.Charmer.class"
code="Charmer.class"
code="Charmer.java"
.
.
.

i also changed the server variabel to my ip in my lan

<param name="server" value="172.31.7.12"><param name="RPort"

i was quit creativ to change the pathes, no one worked.

i also gave alle the files in the charmer-0.2.b folder the golden chmod 777.

finaly i downloaded your whole http://viper.unige.ch/Charmer-0.2.b folder,
because i thought i dont have the newest charmer version. i dident work.
(listing is alloud in your webserver)

can somone help me ??

martin krung

http://home.beseen.com/community/kuene/basement.html

children should watch it with at least one adult person.
the strong aggression can damage the mental health of sensitive people.