help-gift

Re: [help-GIFT] GIFT installation (new to GIFT)

From: David Squire
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] GIFT installation (new to GIFT)
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 07:16:06 +1100

Wolfgang Müller wrote:

On Friday 30 January 2004 00:07, Howard Lee wrote:
        I had also checked that Parser directory exists under XQL. => just
wondering: what is the condition to for the above statement to return a
true value? Maybe I am missing something here??

True means that you can import XML::XQL::Parser. Did you check that XML::XQL::Parser.pm is a nonempty file?

In fact, Perl modules really do have to return a true value when they are evaluated when they are "used". The last line of a Perl module is usually:

1;

to ensure this - as is the case with line 1438 of my /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/XML/XQL/Parser.pm

An empty or broken file seems likely.

Regards,

David

--
Dr. David McG. Squire, Postgraduate Research Coordinator (Caulfield),
Computer Science and Software Engineering, Monash University, Australia