help-gift

Re: [help-GIFT] GIFT installation (new to GIFT)

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] GIFT installation (new to GIFT)
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 08:29:38 +0100

On Tuesday 03 February 2004 00:55, you wrote:
> Dear Wolfgang,
>
>       After a bit struggle, I finally get the 1st stage of GIFT
> configuration working. :-) Then the configuration process continued to
> download the current version of Charmer at the mrml.net site, using GET
> command.

Good to hear. What did it?

> ====
> Downloading the current Charmer version
> GET http://www.mrml.net/download/packages/
> ====
>
>       However due to the proxy settings in the department, I will need
> to enter my login and password in order to get access to the out side
> world. Therefore the GIFT configuration just halt at this stage. And I
> cannot proceed to the next stage of installation (make & make install) by
> terminating this process (Ctrl-C)
>
>       I am just wondering is there any way I can modify the script so
> that the login info can be entered?

Surely someone with knowledge should be able to do that. I do not know yet, if
you and I qualify. First question: Where do you have to enter this
information?

> Or if I can skip this downloading
> process at this stage. And obtain the packages manually?

Could you send me offline your configure.in?

Are you doing ./configure --enable-interactive ?
If so, do

./configure --disable-interactive

--disable-interactive should be the default. So, ./configure should do the
same.

Cheers,
Wolfgang