help-gift

Re: [help-GIFT] Getting GIFT from Savannah

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Getting GIFT from Savannah
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 10:01:55 +0200

> All sorted now. I'm using tcsh, so I needed "sentenv CVS_RSH ssh" all
> along. Stupid.

Whew. So I excaped a tough riddle.

> Now, I note that there is no "configure" file in /gift - though there
> are "config.guess" and "configure.in".

Yes, this is CVS. configure is generated by automake/autoconf, so you have to
invoke

sh bootstrap-cvs.sh

(or some similar name, it is quite recognizable). This will do the necessary
things.

BTW the necessary things are

aclocal -I . && automake --add-missing && autoconf

then you should have a configure.

When rolling a distribution, a ./configure script is generated and shipped
with the distribution.

> Cheers,

and thanks for trying,
Wolfgang