help-gift

[help-GIFT] Problem unpacking gift-0.1.11

From: David Squire
Subject: [help-GIFT] Problem unpacking gift-0.1.11
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2004 13:18:18 +1000

Hi,

I've just had a try at installing gift-0.1.11. I didn't get far, because there was a problem unpacking the tar ball from the ftp server. Here is the summarized output

tar xvfz gift-0.1.11.tar.gz

gift-0.1.11/
gift-0.1.11/Makefile.in
gift-0.1.11/README
gift-0.1.11/stamp-h.in
gift-0.1.11/AUTHORS
gift-0.1.11/COPYING
gift-0.1.11/PluginMaker/address@hidden@/include/packages/GIFTPlugin-FEFTest/
gift-0.1.11/PluginMaker/address@hidden@/include/packages/GIFTPlugin-FEFTest/libGIFTAcFEFTest/

tar: : Cannot mkdir: No such file or directory
CAcFEFTest.h
include.dfPackage
Makefile.am
CAFFEFTest.h
CAFFEFTest.h~
CAcFEFTest.h~
gift-0.1.11/PluginMaker/address@hidden@/include/include.dfPackage
gift-0.1.11/FeatureExtraction/gabor_old.h
gift-0.1.11/FeatureExtraction/gift_features.h

I don't know why mkdir has a problem. It makes no difference if I do this as root, so permissions are not the answer.

Directory gift-0.1.11/PluginMaker/address@hidden@/include/packages/GIFTPlugin-FEFTest/libGIFTAcFEFTest exists and is empty. Several files end up in the directory where the tar ball is:

~/gift/tmp (davids : veidt)
Jun 22 - 13:15 % l
CAcFEFTest.cc      CAFFEFTest.h        include.dfPackage
CAcFEFTest.cc.in~  CAFFEFTest.h~       libGIFTAcFEFTest.dfPackage
CAcFEFTest.h       cc.dfPackage        Makefile.am
CAcFEFTest.h~      CQFEFTest.cc        plug_in_fo.cc
CAFFEFTest.cc      gift-0.1.11/
CAFFEFTest.cc~     gift-0.1.11.tar.gz

Cheers,

David

--
Dr. David McG. Squire, Postgraduate Research Coordinator (Caulfield),
Computer Science and Software Engineering, Monash University, Australia