help-gift

[help-GIFT] rewritten php frontend (which 'sucks less' tm.)

From: Tuurlijk!
Subject: [help-GIFT] rewritten php frontend (which 'sucks less' tm.)
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2004 11:26:46 +0200

Hi all,

I have been trying to understand the gift by playing with the viper php
interface. I would like to tie the gift into my image gallery page. I
was howerver frightened by the code the viper group has written.

Here is my attempt at some code and and interface which imho 'sucks
less' tm.:

http://gift.monosock.org/

The images come from: http://imagery.monosock.org/ and are not royaltee
free.

I like to have my images the same height, because the thumbnail page is
easier on the eyes that way. I adjestd the gift-add-collection.pl script
round about line 449:
       if system("convert",
            "-geometry",
            "x75",
            "-unsharp",
            "1x1.2",
            $lFullName,
            $lThumbnailFile);
You can see that I also put in an 'unsharp mask' step, this makes the
small images a little more 'crisp'.

The code consists of a partly functional Gift Class, an XML_MRML Class
which extends the pear XML_Parser_Simple class (which you can get from:
http://pear.php.net/package/XML_Parser) and an index page.

The Classes do not yet take care of image feeding (by upload or url) and
of the query-paradigm-list and property-sheet.

Image uploading will be the next step.

Please comment

Cheers,

Tuurlijk!