help-gift

[help-GIFT] Different GIFT log files for different ports?

From: David Squire
Subject: [help-GIFT] Different GIFT log files for different ports?
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 17:52:37 +1000

Hi all,

This is more of a feature wish than a request for help. I'm also interested in hearing what you think of the idea.

I think it would be useful if there were separate log files for servers running on different ports, i.e. gift-log-<port>.mrml, where <port> is the number of the port on which a given server is running.

One reason for this is that I think it would make sense to use separate ports for every-day operation and for benchmarking/evaluation. Also, if one is using log files for learning, then one does not want them to contain a lot of queries which are the results of automated relevance feedback, etc.

Regards,

David

--
Dr. David McG. Squire, Postgraduate Research Coordinator (Caulfield),
Computer Science and Software Engineering, Monash University, Australia