help-gift

[help-GIFT] [help] Connession failed

From: Fabio Di Donna
Subject: [help-GIFT] [help] Connession failed
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 10:25:43 +0200

Hi,
I solve the last problem whit the Charmer configuration, but I can't
stabilish a connession between server gift and client Charmer.
This is what I do:
1)I open a terminal and lunch the server gift, it ia waiting for a
connection.
2)Then I open a new terminal and lunch the applet charmer.html whit
appletviewer.
3)I click on handshake button and leave the dafaults values for connection
4)When I click ok, it does happen enything, and in the two terminal show
some strange lines
I tried again to connect, but it's the same
What I wrong?
Studyng the user's guide of gift, I find the lines:

"Be aware, that an applet can only connect to the server it came from. So
you have to see to it that your appletviewer fetches the SnakeCharmer applet
from the remote server"

I don't understand very well this lines, but I think that I wrong something
lunching the the Charmer.
Can you help me whit this problem?
Thanks
Cheers