help-gift

Re: [help-GIFT] [help] Connession failed

From: Henning Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] [help] Connession failed
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2004 15:27:00 +0200

Hi,

you should not necessarily leave the default parametres in the Charmer interface but rather but in the IP address or name of the server that you started gift on and also the port number that you started gift on. Otherwise the connections will not be possible.

Instead of the Charmer interface in Java I would strongly suggest that you use the PHP interface which is much easier to handle and change. I think that Stéphane also has an mrml interface in JSP that he can maybe give you.

In the mailing list archive you will find responses on how to configure the Charmer interface in case the images are not shown on screen.

Cheers, Henning

Fabio Di Donna wrote:

Hi,
I solve the last problem whit the Charmer configuration, but I can't
stabilish a connession between server gift and client Charmer.
This is what I do:
1)I open a terminal and lunch the server gift, it ia waiting for a
connection.
2)Then I open a new terminal and lunch the applet charmer.html whit
appletviewer.
3)I click on handshake button and leave the dafaults values for connection
4)When I click ok, it does happen enything, and in the two terminal show
some strange lines
I tried again to connect, but it's the same
What I wrong?
Studyng the user's guide of gift, I find the lines:

"Be aware, that an applet can only connect to the server it came from. So
you have to see to it that your appletviewer fetches the SnakeCharmer applet
from the remote server"

I don't understand very well this lines, but I think that I wrong something
lunching the the Charmer.
Can you help me whit this problem?
Thanks
Cheers