help-gift

Re: Feature Description File (was Re: [help-GIFT] alive?)

From: David Squire
Subject: Re: Feature Description File (was Re: [help-GIFT] alive?)
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 19:36:44 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
On Tue, Apr 18, 2006 at 07:16:15PM +0100, David Squire wrote:
[snip]
I think Wolfgang means what I would call the feature description file that maps feature IDs to feature groups. This is the file called "InvertedFileFeatureDescription.db" that ends up in the directory with the fts files.

InvertedFileFeatureDescription.db is created by gift-add-colllection.pl, not by
the extractor.

Ah. Really? That used not to be the case. The file "write_feature_descs.c" is still in the "FeatureExtraction" directory of the latest GIFT distro I have. I guess it is no longer used.

Regards,

David

--
Dr David McG. Squire,  Senior Lecturer, on sabbatical in 2006
Caulfield School of Information Technology, Monash University, Australia