help-gift

[help-GIFT] GIFT -- problems are solved

From: Mercedes Perez Bermudez
Subject: [help-GIFT] GIFT -- problems are solved
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2007 20:24:53 +0200

Hello,

Finally I have been able to install "GIFT". Use Fedora Core 6, and I
have a Pentium Mobile 2.0GHz and with 2 GB of RAM.

I have had many problems with GIFT, to install it and to be able to
execute it, but already I have solved them, and if my problems serve
as aid for which they can be in my situation, because here they are.

- I downloaded the version cvs of GIFT

- I installed all the necessary packages, for the possible
dependencies of GIFT.

- I had problems, because although "it seemed" that one settled of
correct form, it could not index images. Solution:
- I unistalled GIFT.
- I returned to install it but this time I used ./configure
--prefix=/home/----/gift, that was where gift was , and I continued
the normal installation.

- I put the GIFT_HOME in .bashrc and it already is.

- I created my Web server: /home/ */public_hmtl - there I put all the
images in a folder. Soon I indexed 50026 images, and considering the
computer that I have, it did not take much in finishing, it take about
13 hours and 20 minutes to me.

And finally, I use Charmer like client, well, I copied all the files
in the folder *_thumbanils that is created when indexing the images,
and I execute it. And everything goes perfectly, I see the images with
charmer, connecting server GIFT, to make search.

Until the moment it is all correct one, or at least that seems me to my.

Thanks for the aid that I have received, and I hope that this serves the others.

A greeting and thank you very much.