help-gift

Re: [help-GIFT] Ran out of memory for input buffer at /usr/lib/perl5/XM

From: Wolfgang Müller
Subject: Re: [help-GIFT] Ran out of memory for input buffer at /usr/lib/perl5/XML/Parser/Expat.pm line 469
Date: Thu, 9 Jul 2009 18:44:48 +0200

Dear Valentin,
This perl stuff is a pain. It looks like a lib difference between two different expats on your machine. If Expat.pm bombs, this has nothing to do with GIFT itself, it is a problem of the Expat perl module on your machine.

How to get around it? I resort to the following

CALL FOR HELP:

Is anyone willing to rewrite gift-add-collection.pl in groovy? Groovy has about everything built-in that is needed to implement that functionality. We would get around a big number of support requests for GIFT.

Would you be tough enough for that, Valentin? It mostly involves some crawling the file system, calling Image Magick convert and the feature extractor.

Cheers,
Wolfgang