help-global

RE: FW: problem with htags

From: Brutovski, Robert
Subject: RE: FW: problem with htags
Date: Fri, 01 Jun 2001 12:42:16 -0400

I rsh to a different machine where perl is installed in the /bin directory.
Here is what I got:

[55] which perl
/bin/perl
[56] /bin/perl --version

This is perl, version 5.005_03 built for sun4-solaris

Copyright 1987-1999, Larry Wall

Perl may be copied only under the terms of either the Artistic License or
the
GNU General Public License, which may be found in the Perl 5.0 source kit.

this system using `man perl' or `perldoc perl'.  If you have access to the
Internet, point your browser at http://www.perl.com/, the Perl Home Page.

[57] which htags
/home/rbrutovs/bin/htags
[58] perl /home/rbrutovs/bin/htags --version
4.0.1

Even though the perl path is shorter, the problem still exists. The work
around works very nicely, so it's no problem. Unfortunately, I still cannot
do a "man htags" so that I can setup the HTML browser to have the search
facility and the Definitions grouped under letter headings ([A][B][C],
etc.). Thanks for your time.

Rob