help-global

Re: Completion list...

From: SV
Subject: Re: Completion list...
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2005 13:42:37 -0700

Hi,
I use global with GNU Emacs (gtags.el) a lot. I think it is a good replacement for ctags, etags, etc., since Emacs does not have to load the entire tags file in a buffer. However, there are a few questions regarding the functionality and usage of global.

  1. With ctags/etags, I could use the dynamic abbreviation feature to
     complete symbol/function names (M-/). How could I achieve
     something similar with global/gtags?
  2. It would be nice to be able to save/build the symbol completion
     list (made using gtags-make-complete-list in Emacs/built with the
     -c option in global). If the gtags database is large, the
     preparation of the completion list takes quite a while.

Other than that, gtags is cool.

- SV