help-global

Re: Jumping to tags definition

From: Jai Dayal
Subject: Re: Jumping to tags definition
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 22:03:40 -0500

I should have googled first :)  I see your library now. Thanks!!

On Thu, Feb 6, 2014 at 10:00 PM, Jai Dayal <address@hidden> wrote:
I see. Is "ggtags" a typo, or is it really different from the gtags.el that comes with the GNU Global sources?

On 2014-02-07 09:04 +0800, Jai Dayal wrote:
> Hi,
>   I am coming from ctags, but I'm finding some of the ctags inaccuracies
> annoying. I also use Ctags/Gtags inside of emacs.
>
> One thing I like about ctags + emacs though is that when I do find-tag, it
> actually visits the file that contains the definition, and puts the cursor
> at that point. I can also do this so the file is visited in another window.
>
> With gtags, it seems to take the cscopes approach in that it creates a list
> of matches from which I have to select. Is there any way to have it just
> automatically jump?

There is an alternative emacs front-end ggtags.el¹ that should do what
you want. Open an issue² if it doesn't.

HTH,
Leo

Footnotes: