Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK license questions

From: Tomer Altman
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] GLPK license questions
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2002 09:00:51 -0500 (CDT)

Don't quote me on this, but I believe that if your program interacts
with GLPK, but that GLPK is bundled as an open source component in
your software package, with the source code & all lisencing
references, then it is fine.

So, you will have two separate types of executables in your product:
the proprietary software that you come up with, and it will
interoperate with the open-source software that you bundle with your
product.

If you are not making an actual software product to sell, but rather
are just using the software in some sort of 'service', like a
web-site, then there shouldn't be any licensing issues that I'm aware
of.

My $0.02, with a caveat to its correlation with legal reality,

~Tomer Altman