[Help-glpk] The GLPK questions

From: Rastislav Galia
Subject: [Help-glpk] The GLPK questions
Date: Sun, 2 Feb 2003 17:10:26 +0100 (CET)

Hello

I'd like to express my feeling from using GLPK. I've been testing the soft
for a while mostly on big SetCovering/SetParting problems. It seems the
GLPK has quite stable and performing LP solver (good job :-) ), but MIP is
a bit simplistic and I feel there is a potential for improvement.
Commercial solvers use quite some techniques for making MIP perform well,
namely lifted cover cuts, Gomory cuts. According to reports these improved
performance dramatically. Do you think there will be some effort for
making these being part of GLPK ? Would you be able to accept any form of
help implementing these techniques ?

Thankx ... Rasto