[Help-glpk] Re: Special Ordered Sets and extended MPS file formats

From: Jean-Sebastien Roy
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: Special Ordered Sets and extended MPS file formats
Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 16:49:36 +0100 (CET)

> Could you please provide me with an url to obtain a more complete
> description of cplex lp format (or, if it's possible, send me such a
> description via e-mail)? The document I used contains no information
> about sos (it seems to be obsolete and of doubtful origin).

See :
http://www.cds.caltech.edu/~xinliu/CPLEXref/doc/cplex80/doc/refman/onlinedoc/
(for example)

>>Another improvement would be for GLPK to be able to read extended MPS
>> files as used by the two solvers previously mentioned, which have less
>> limitations about variables name lengths, and provides optimisation
>> sense information.
>
> Which extended mps format do you mean? That one, which was introduced in
> osl? Probably it would be useful to implement it, however, I've never
> met real models coded in that format. Do you know any publically
> available collections of lp/mip coded in that format (like netlib and
> miplib)?

I was thinking of the extension that simply relax the syntax of the MPS
file by making fields separated by spaces (instead of column aligned)
allowing for larger variable names.
I'm do not know about publically available collection of such files.

XPRESS implement such a scheme. See :
http://computing.ee.ethz.ch/sepp/xpress-13b-et/optimizer/html/optimizer_formats.html

Regards,

js