[Help-glpk] Re: VC++ 6 problems with GLPK profiling

From: Andrew Makhorin
Subject: [Help-glpk] Re: VC++ 6 problems with GLPK profiling
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 18:59:12 +0300

>I removed the sources from 'sysdep'  directory and replaced them with
> the equivalent src files and it all now works OK. Why wouldnt the
> 'sysdep' files, which I am assuming are WIN32 specific, have worked?

I guess you included sysdep/w32/glplib1a.c in the project to compile the
static library. However, this module can be used only in dll, because it
has a dll-specific entry point. (glplib1b.c can be safely replaced.)

>I am also looking for good examples for benchmarking. The example
> jssp.mod is a reasonably complex integer job scheduling problem, but
> for non-integer linear programming the examples are a little trivial.
> Does anyone have a suggestion for a good LP that has good code
> coverage (possibly from Netlib LP collection
> <ftp://ftp.netlib.org/lp/data/>) for some initial benchmarking and
> possibly optimisation work?

Below here are some url's:

http://www.caam.rice.edu/~bixby/miplib/miplib.html

ftp://plato.asu.edu/pub/unibo/

ftp://ftp.sztaki.hu/pub/oplab/LPTESTSET/MISC/

ftp://ftp.sztaki.hu/pub/oplab/LPTESTSET/PROBLEMATIC/

>Just for your interest here is the bpp.mod example profiled for VC++ 6
> using no optimisations and debug mode:

Is it possible to enable profiling only on entry to lpx_simplex or
lpx_integer and disable it on exit? This would allow obtaining a more
relevant picture.

Andrew Makhorin