Re: [Help-glpk] changing the layout of the output file

From: Brady Hunsaker
Subject: Re: [Help-glpk] changing the layout of the output file
Date: 17 Mar 2004 00:42:31 -0500

On Tue, 2004-03-16 at 22:37, Laura Firth wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using glpk to solve a linear programming problem and I want to be able
> to import the output for the variables into a database.  Is there a way to
> alter the layout of the output file so that the solution prints on one line?
> At the moment, the variable description appears on one line and the values
> appear on the line below.  This is causing me some problems and it would be
> great if I could change the layout.
>
> Laura

Probably the easiest thing is to just alter the function lpx_print_sol
(or lpx_print_ips or lpx_print_mip), located in file glplpx8a.c.  You
can adjust it to make the output exactly the way you want it.  I think
what you're concerned with is on line 1319 (for GLPK 4.4).

Alternatively, you could use the API to write your own program to
read/create and solve your instances and then write the solution however
you would like.  That would take a little more work but would allow you
to make other customizations as well.

Brady